WCS and Attributes 2!
In the first post of this blog, I talked about the power of attributes in WCS and how business users can take advantage of this feature to transform a category page in a product self service system. You can check this here.
With the brand new FEP 7, business users won a powerful new way to use the attributes, it is the “Use as ribbon ad” property.
*Notice that the old Facetable was renamed to “Use in faceted navigation”, Searchable to “Searchable in storefront” and “Use In merchandising” from FEP 6 is still there.
Now imagine the following scenario: Your store closes an exclusivity deal with an industry, and you will be the only reseller of a specific product.
Or your store will be making a presale of a tablet. Imagine you’d be able to inform that to the shopper in the vitrine display, in your category page or inside a e-marketing spot. Now this is possible with this new property “Use as ribbon ad”.
Check how it looks like:
Creating this nice effect is a piece of cake, you just have to follow these steps:
- Access the Management Center, Catalog tool.
- Chose your Asset store.
- Search for the product.
- Go to the Descriptive attribute tab, in the product properties.
- Create a new attribute, or pick an already existing one.
- Define the attribute value to this product.
- Double click at the attribute, and flag the “Use as ribbon ad” checkbox.
- Wait for the next index build and “voilà”!
I showcased the 2 examples: Presale and exclusive, but we can use this cool feature to:
- Advertise a promotion.
- Advertise a special payment condition
- Highlight a specific property like a brand.
- Put a “New” stamp in the recent arrived products.
- Put a “Last items” stamp
- Put a “special sizes” stamps in clothes with special sizes.
- Whatever else your e-commerce needs.
Hope you liked this new feature, and if you have any questions, please let me know, or leave a comment!
WCS and Attributes links:
Unleash the power of attributes: http://blog.bazilio.me/wcs-attributes
WCS Attribute Ribbon Property: http://blog.bazilio.me/wcs-attribute-ribbon